Master of Science in Nursing – Clinical Nurse Leader Entrance Requirements
Master of Science in Nursing – Clinical Nurse Leader Requirements for Program Eligibility
The following admissions requirements will apply to prospective MSN-CNL students:
- Download the admission eligibility checklist.
- Applicants will have completed a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited college or university by the time of enrollment and meet the GPA (Grade Point Average) requirements following.
- All applicants are required to earn a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher AND an undergraduate science GPA of 3.5 or higher to waive GRE (Graduate Record Examination) requirement.
- For the January 2024 cohort, the GRE requirement will be waived for all applicants.
- Applicants who have an overall cumulative GPA between 2.5 – 2.9, OR an undergraduate cumulative science GPA of 3.4 or lower will be required to take the Graduate Record Exam prior to acceptance into the program.
- Applicants will have a current, unrestricted Professional Registered Nurse license in their home state.
- Applicants will be required to submit two professional letters of recommendation from professional associates familiar with the applicant’s work and credentials.
- Applicants will be required to submit at least one academic letter or recommendation from the BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) Program they attended.
- Applicants must submit a current CV or resume that includes nursing employment and education.
- Applicants must be a U.S. (United States) citizen or permanent resident.t
For Graduates of Foreign Schools:
Please refer to the Admission Eligibility checklist, which can be accessed by the link above, for detailed requirements for these students. Please note that these requirements are LECOM Policy for all Programs in all Colleges and Schools.
All course pre-requisites are required from Bachelor of Science in Nursing undergraduate study (BSN) and must have earned 3.0 in each course:
- Physical assessment course
- Human Growth and Development
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Undergraduate Pathophysiology (preferred but not required)
- Pharmacology (may have been included in Med Surg courses)
- Basic statistics (preferred but not required)
It is recommended to have taken a course on research design and scientific writing prior to this program, however, it is not required.
All students are required to register prior to the start of the semester. Failure to register by the appropriate date may be grounds for dismissal. Tuition, fees, and prior debts are payable in full on or before the start of each semester. In addition, prior to registration, incoming students must confirm that the school has received the following documents:
- Final official transcripts from previously attended colleges and/or universities.
- Official copy of RN unencumbered license from work state sent directly to LECOM from Board of Nursing.
- Official copy of National Nursing Certifications sent directly to LECOM from certifying body.
- Copy of continuing education hours completed in the previous 5 years from the date of this application.
- Physical examination form.
- Emergency data form.
- Safety report form.
- Criminal background check.
- Immunization record.
- Signed LECOM Matriculation Agreement.
Students who do not want to pursue either the semester or term full time options can choose a part-time plan of study that is convenient for them. Both full and part-time students will be required to adhere to the above requirements except for the length of time to complete coursework, which can take between 3-6 years to complete.
It will be up to the decision of both student and academic advisor if a student would be eligible to change from full-time to part-time study OR part-time to full-time study once they have started the curriculum.
For further information regarding the Program Requirements and Required Documentation to be eligible to apply to the LECOM Master of Science in Nursing/Clinical Nurse Leader Program, please contact the Program Director, Dr. Octavia Flanagan, PhD, WHNP-BC at firstname.lastname@example.org.