Goals of the Master of Medical Science Program
Goals of the MMS Program
The MMS will provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to develop life-long strategies for professional and career development, enhance written and oral research presentations skills, and learn principles and strategies for becoming effective team members.
Goal 1 – Educational Excellence
- Students will obtain advanced knowledge in basic medical sciences and healthcare.
- Competitive applicants Students are to apply to graduate and professional programs.
- Students will increase scientific research knowledge.
- Students will learn problem solving and leadership skills.
Goal 2 – Elevate Critical Thinking Skills
- Students will develop critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills through a medical science centered curriculum.
Goal 3 – Professionalism Excellence
- Students will demonstrate attributes of professionalism.
- Students will embrace the tenants of professionalism, ethics, and humanism.
- Students will develop effective written and verbal communication skills and translate those skills to effective organizational leadership.