As a leader in medical education, LECOM offers innovative and affordable education in osteopathic medicine, pharmacy and dental medicine. From campuses in Erie and Greensburg, Pennsylvania, Bradenton, Florida, and Elmira, New York, LECOM provides student-centered pathways to prepare the next generation of health care professionals.
|Academics||Enrollment: 4,488||Alumni: 13,934|
|Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine||2,383||7,615|
|Doctor of Dental Medicine||416||496|
|Doctor of Pharmacy||1,156||3,238|
|Doctor of Anatomy Education||8||1|
|Doctor of Medical Microbiology Education||1||*|
|Masters in Health Services Administration||66||304|
|Master of Science in Medical Education||86||315|
|Master of Science in Biomedical Science||9||46|
|Master of Medical Science||292||407|
|Master of Science in Biomedical Ethics||19||9|
|Master of Public Health||19||*|
|Health Science Post Baccalaureate||12||1,491|
|Doctor of Pharmacy Education||1||*|
|Doctorate of Healthcare Administration||8||*|
|RN to PharmD Bridge||6||3|
College of Osteopathic Medicine
- LECOM has grown to become the nation’s largest medical college with campuses in Erie, Greensburg, Bradenton and Elmira.
- LECOM offers a quality medical education at an affordable price with one of the lowest, private medical college tuitions.
- LECOM is a leader in innovative, student-centered medical education with five learning pathways leading to a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree – Lecture Discussion, Problem-Based Learning, Directed Study and two three-year pathways: the Primary Care Scholars and the Accelerated Physician Assistant Pathway.
- The majority of LECOM graduates become primary care physicians (family physicians, internal medicine, pediatrics or OB-GYN). US News & World Report ranks LECOM in the top five medical colleges for graduating primary care physicians.
- LECOM receives the most medical school applications in the country.
School of Pharmacy
- The School of Pharmacy prepares pharmacists as members of a changing health care environment dedicated to patient-centered care.
- LECOM Erie offers a year-round, three-year curriculum and a four-year, distance education pathway. The Bradenton campus has a four-year program. Students may enroll to earn concurrent degrees from our masters programs.
- LECOM School of Pharmacy alumni are working in a variety of positions at retail and community pharmacies, hospitals, clinics and physician offices.
School of Dental Medicine
- The School of Dental Medicine offers a patient-centered curriculum to train dentists to improve the health of their patients through preventive care.
- Curriculum is modeled on Problem-Based Learning through small-group, case-based study for basic sciences.
- Students receive early simulation and basic patient care clinical learning experiences and progress to community-based, primary care clinic experience in urban areas with the greatest need for dental care.
School of Health Services Administration
- The Masters in Health Services Administration (MHSA) provides students with the knowledge and skills required to plan, direct, and coordinate medical and health services. Utilizing the principles of good business, healthcare leaders will obtain the essential tools and skills needed in strategic and ethical decision making. Key areas include: human resource management, accounting, finance, quality and operations management to create an integrative approach to complex problem solving in the current fast changing healthcare industry. Ranked #6 Best Online Masters in Health Administration by BestColleges.com and #5 by Intelligent.com in 2021.
- The Master of Science in Biomedical Ethics (MSBE) degree prepares healthcare professionals to serve a healthcare industry beset with ethical issues on a daily basis including: beginning and end of life issues, proper handling of medical marijuana, Medicare solvency and advances in medical technology able to sustain life under extraordinary circumstances and access to healthcare. This program’s applied ethics education strives to move learners beyond knowledge acquisition and skills development to develop behavioral changes that result in a higher level of professionalism and the delivery of high quality, patient-centered care. It develops cultural competency in today’s diverse healthcare environment and demonstrates how ethics education leads to behavioral changes that result in a higher level of professionalism and the delivery of top-quality, patient-centered care.
- The Masters in Public Health (MPH) program ensures that all graduates are grounded in foundational public health knowledge. This includes administrative skills critical to improving and enhancing the health, health care, and well-being of individuals, families, and communities in North America by applying the philosophy of osteopathic medicine that seeks to treat the whole person mind, body and spirit. The role and need for highly trained and prepared public health professionals has be clearly delineated as the world deals with large scale immunization programs to answer a relentless pandemic.
- The Doctor of Healthcare Administration (DHA) program prepares health industry professionals to become innovative leaders and complex problem solvers. The degree program qualifies professionals to serve as college faculty members, preparing them to teach and perform interprofessional research focused on “the business of healthcare”. They are also prepared as advanced healthcare administrative practitioners. The theoretical and the practical are blended in this rigorous doctorate degree program. D.H.A. graduates will have the next generation understanding of artificial intelligence, machine learning and needed to conduct rigorous research and analysis with the objective of applying the findings to real-world decision-making throughout the healthcare industry and effectively interfacing with local, state and federal governments related to healthcare issues. It provides students with a “whole person” osteopathic knowledge foundation from which they can positively influence quality, access and costs of healthcare organizations and delivery systems in the communities they serve.
- All SHSA programs are delivered via a robust distance education learning management system by industry leading faculty. They are designed for busy working professional seeking to expand and elevate their professional healthcare industry opportunities. Take the next step and complete a 2-minute on-line inquiry so we can discuss your goals and how LECOM can help get you there!
Additional graduate degrees and programs:
- The Master of Science in Medical Education, PhD in Anatomy Education and PhD in Medical Microbiology prepare educators, physicians, pharmacists and dentists to become better instructors in teaching at hospitals, clinics and colleges.
- The Health Sciences Post Baccalaureate certificate, Master of Medical Science and Masters of Science in Biomedical Sciences prepare candidates for advanced medical science study, research and other professional health care degrees.
- Each campus building in Erie, Bradenton and Elmira provides expansive teaching and learning areas and includes the latest teaching technology. The LECOM Bayfront Campus and the John M. and Silvia Ferretti Medical Fitness and Wellness Center in Erie provide additional space for education and student activities. In Greensburg, LECOM utilizes classroom space at Seton Hill University.
- LECOM is a member of LECOM Health, the nation’s only osteopathic academic health center that includes Millcreek Community Hospital and the clinical practices managed by Medical Associates of Erie. Other members of LECOM Health include Corry Memorial Hospital, LECOM Senior Living Center, LECOM Senior Living Communities, LECOM Medical Fitness and Wellness Center, LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LECOM Center for Health and Aging, and Visiting Nurses Association of Erie County. LECOM students learn and work in all of these facilities.