LECOM Website Accessibility Statement
LECOM is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website to all users, including people with disabilities. This website complies with best practices and standards as defined by Section 508 of the United States Rehabilitation Act and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) of the World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative (W3C WAI).
Accessibility features included on the site are:
- Links and headings are defined to aid in-page navigation.
- Alternative text details for appropriate images and other non-text elements.
- Structural markup is used appropriately to indicate headings, paragraphs, and lists to aid in page comprehension and navigation.
- Form labels are programmatically associated with form fields.
- Data cells are associated with a data table with their headers.
- Embedded documents and multimedia have been made accessible.
- Responsive design techniques have been used to optimize the experience for users who access the site and different screen resolutions and magnification levels.
LECOM values your opinions. If you have comments, suggestions for improvement, or questions, you can send them directly to our Web Accessibility Coordinator via email at email@example.com or by calling (814) 860-5164.
If you wish to file a formal grievance under Section 504, you may contact our Web Accessibility Coordinators via phone or email within thirty (30) calendar days of the circumstances or event giving rise to the complaint so that such circumstances can be promptly addressed.
FUNDAMENTAL ALTERATION AND UNDUE BURDEN
LECOM will make requested modifications to improve web accessibility unless such requested modifications would fundamentally alter the nature of the website or would constitute an undue burden. A “fundamental alteration” exists when implementing the requested modification would change the essential nature or purpose of the website or its functionality. An “undue burden” exists when implementing the requested modification requires such significant difficulty or expense that it is not justified in light of the institution’s resources and commitments. When a requested modification constitutes a fundamental alteration or undue burden, LECOM will provide equally effective alternative access to that web content and/or function.
This accessibility statement was last updated on May 13, 2022 and was last reviewed on May 13, 2022 by Justin Jarrett, Institutional Director of Network Operations.