Please review the application procedures and then click here to apply for the LECOM Master of Medical Science degree program.
Applicants to the LECOM Master of Medical Science (MMS) program must complete an application and candidates must meet the following admission requirements. Applicants must have a minimum 2.7 science grade point average. Successful candidates typically have both science and overall grade point averages of 3.2 or above.
Applicants must submit to LECOM:
A. a completed online application prior to June 1, 2018.
B. a $50 application fee.
C. one letter of recommendation from a premedical/prehealth committee OR
two letters from core science professors from the applicant’s undergraduate/graduate school.
D. original copies of:
1) GRE scores OR
2) PCAT scores OR
3) DAT scores OR
4) MCAT scores OR
5) in lieu of MCAT scores, LECOM may use an Academic Index Score that uses undergraduate GPAs in a formula calculation with ACT and/or SAT Critical Reading and Math scores.
E. original copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts
The College will consider the applicant’s most recent Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores. MCAT scores taken within the past three years are acceptable. A competitive MCAT score for MCATs taken prior to January 2015 is around 27. For MCAT tests taken after January 2015, a competitive score is in the 40 percentile or higher. In lieu of MCAT Scores, LECOM may use an Academic Index Score that uses undergraduate and graduate GPAs in a formula calculation with ACT and/or SAT Critical Reading and Math scores. Use the form below to calculate your Academic Index Score.
Academic Index Score
Your Academic Index Score can be calculated using either your ACT score and GPA, your SAT score and GPA or using both your ACT and SAT scores and GPA. Please select which method you would prefer to use.*
Applications will be reviewed when an application file is complete. That is, when the completed application, application fee, and all supplemental information listed above have been received by the LECOM Bradenton Admission’s Office.
Other important information to consider:
- The MMS Program begins in July each year and is completed in April the following year, with graduation in June.
- The MMS is a one-year, non-thesis program.
- The deadline to apply to the program is June 1st.
- Students who successfully complete the MMS program and apply to LECOM through the channels appropriate to their area of interest (medicine, dentistry, or pharmacy) and meet all other standards and requirements for admission will be assured of an interview.
Click the link below to be directed to a MMS Inquiry form. The Office of Admissions will process your inquiry and within a few days of submitting the form, you will be provided with a username and password to log in and fill out the application. Submission of the application requires a $50 nonrefundable application fee payable by credit card.
- DO Application Procedure
- PharmD Application Procedure
- DMD Application Procedure
- Pre-PharmD Application Procedure
- Masters in Health Services Administration Application Procedure
- MS in Biomedical Science Application Process
- Masters of Science in Medical Education Application
- Health Sciences Post Baccalaureate Application Procedure
- Master of Medical Science Application Procedures
- Apply to the MSBE Program
- MS in Medical Education Inquiry and Application Procedure
- Doctoral Program In Anatomy Education Application Process