MSBE Entrance Requirements
Applicants shall meet these minimum requirements:
- Applicants will have completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university by the time of enrollment or be currently enrolled in the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) College of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Pharmacy, or School of Dental Medicine.
- Applicants not currently enrolled in LECOM programs must submit two letters of recommendation from professional associates familiar with the applicant’s work and credentials.
- Applicants currently enrolled in LECOM programs must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 and two letters of recommendation: one from a faculty member and the second from the Dean, Pre-clinical or Clinical Assistant/Associate Dean of their school.
- Successful candidates will typically reflect an overall GPA of 3.0 or above in their college degree transcripts. Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is not required.
- Foreign-trained applicants interested in enrolling in the MSBE program must have passed the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with a minimum of B (150 in verbal reasoning, 150 in quantitative reasoning) and three (3) in analytical writing.
- If English is not the applicant’s native language, the applicant must successfully pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum of B (20 points in reading session, 20 points in speaking session, 20 points in listening session and 20 points in writing session).