Student and Faculty Research
Student and Faculty Research
Research and scholarly activity are an integral part of LECOM’s mission. Research activities at LECOM SDM have served as a bridge between the faculty and students. LECOM SDM faculty and students engage in significant number of research projects. The SDM is proud of the number of projects aimed at improving dental education and patient care. These activities are reflected in the mission and specific goals that define the School.
LECOM SDM has successfully published the following articles in peer reviewed journals in 2021
- Hussein HS, Anderson S, Matick M, Greene A, Zmiyiwsky MP, Abdulhameed NF. A standardized method to determine the proper working distance for dental magnification utilizing neutral ergonomics positioning. Stoma Edu J. 2021;8(1):45-51.
- Tran V, Dinh TN, Yoon TY. A Comparison of Dentin Tubule Occlusion Properties of Dipotassium Oxalate against Potassium Nitrate: An In Vitro Study (2020). J Contemp Dent Pract 21: 119-123.
- Roulet, J-F, Gummadi, S, Hussein, HS, Abdulhameed, N, Shen, C. In vitro wear of dual-cured bulkfill composites and flowable bulkfill composites. J Esthet Restor Dent. 2020; 32: 512– 520.
- Shanele Williams, Liang Wei, Susan O. Griffin, Gina Thornton-Evans. Untreated caries among US working-aged adults and association with reporting need for oral health care. The Journal of the American Dental Association, Volume 152, Issue 1, 2021, Pages 55-64,
- Abdulhameed N, Angus B, Wanamaker J, Mecholsky JJ Jr. Quantitative fractography as a novel approach to measure fracture toughness of direct resin composites. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2020 Sep;109:103857.
- Mohan S, Roulet JF, Abdulhameed N, Rocha M. Transferring Occlusal Anatomy from Worn Temporary Crowns to Zirconium Oxide Crowns. Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent. 2021 May 28;29(2):67-75.
LECOM SDM has proudly presented our research at the following conferences:
- 2021 Hinman Student Research Symposium – Memphis, TN.
- Jordan Carey, Leah Kimerer, Irene Thomas, Hind Hussein, Nader Abdulhameed. Effect of Chlorhexidine on Bonding Strength to Dentin.
- 2021 Academy of General Dentistry Annual Meeting – Austin, TX.
- Hussein HS, Anderson S, Matick M, Greene A, Zmiyiwsky MP, Abdulhameed NF. A standardized method to determine the proper working distance for dental magnification utilizing neutral ergonomics positioning.
- 2021 IADR/AADR/CADR General Session & Exhibition
- Vempaty Anusha, Phung Steven, Abdulhameed Nader, Hussein Hind, Slipak Inessa, Manibo Alexandra. Clinical Evaluation of Intraoral and in-Lab Scanners.
- Folds Aubrey, Vempaty Anusha, Phung Steven, Abdulhameed Nader, Hussein Hind, Slipak Inessa, Manibo Alexandra. Clinical Evaluation of PVS Materials Using Intraoral and Lab Scanners.
- Carey Jordan, Kimerer Leah, Thomas Irene, Hussein Hind, Abdulhameed Nader. Effect of Chlorhexidine on Bonding Strength to Dentine.
- Aziz Aziz, Carey Jordan, Hatim Nadira, Abdulhameed Nader. Improving the Mechanical and Antifungal Properties of Soft Lining Materials.
- Thomas Irene, Kimerer Leah, Carey Jordan, Abdulhameed Nader, Hussein Hind. Effect of Chlorhexidine on Bonding Strength to Enamel.
- Hussein Hind, Morris Alyssa, Shen Chiayi, Abdulhameed Nader, Roulet Jean-francois. Bonding Orthodontic Resin Cement to Stainless Steel Crown Under Load/Thermocycling.