School of Pharmacy Entrance Requirements
We Have Extended Our PharmCAS Deadline to June 3, 2019
LECOM School of Pharmacy does not require PCAT for admission.
To be considered for admission to the LECOM School of Pharmacy, a prospective student must meet and complete the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or an F-1 Visa holder (see below for additional requirements for F-1 Visa students) and be able to provide an official background check from any previous country he or she has lived within at least the last 5 years. If you are a Permanent Resident, you must submit a copy of your Permanent Resident Card to the Admissions office at the time of application. In addition, if you have an F-1 Visa, you must provide validation of your visa status. Citizenship will be determined via a Naturalization Certificate or Birth Certificate that must be presented prior to admission.
- Complete 54 semester hours of pre-professional course requirements from an accredited college or university in the United States by the July 1 prior to matriculation. LECOM School of Pharmacy will not accept CLEP credits for prerequisite courses. Advanced placement credits will be accepted for pre-requisite coursework with a score of 3 or higher.
- International baccalaureate (IB) credits earned at an approved IB high school will be accepted for pre-requisite coursework with a score of 4 or higher. Additionally, LECOM does not accept international coursework or degree evaluations.
- Earn a minimum of a 2.7 grade point average on a 4.0 scale, with no required course grade lower than C (70%).
- Pre-Professional Course Requirements are: 54 Semester Hours
- English: 6 Semester Hours – Prefer: Writing (Technical, Business, or Research)
- Biology w/ Lab: 8 Semester Hours – Prefer: Zoology, Genetics, Cell, Micro, Immunology, Molecular, Animal Physiology, Vertebrate Anatomy, or similar health-foundational biology
- General Chemistry w/ Lab: 8 Semester Hours
- Organic Chemistry I w/ Lab: 4 Semester Hours
- Organic Chemistry II w/ Lab OR Biochem w/ Lab: 4 Semester Hours
- Math-based Physics OR Physical Chemistry: 3 Semester Hours
- Calculus: 3 Semester Hours – Prefer: course designed for math or science majors
- Statistics: 3 Semester Hours – Prefer: research-based course
- Economics: 3 Semester Hours – Prefer: Microeconomics
- Psychology OR Sociology OR Anthropology: 3 Semester Hours
- *General Education Credits: 9 Semester Hours
- LECOM does not require the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) for entrance. All students must complete a short writing assessment at the time they interview.
*General Education Electives in subject areas other than the above prerequisites; such as humanities and social sciences.
For F-1 Visa Holders:
- All 54 Credits of pre-requisite coursework must be earned at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
- All international applicants must submit their IBT TOEFL results on PharmCAS with a minimum score of “20” on each section (reading, speaking, listening, and writing).
- All students must provide proof of their F-1 visa status. LECOM can only evaluate applicants with F-1 Visas.
- International applicants must submit an I-20 form. International students must also pay their first year tuition in full upon matriculation.
- Applicants must also satisfy any other regular admissions requirements for the School of Pharmacy.
Requirements subject to change.
- Admission Requirements for the MHSA degree
- College of Osteopathic Medicine Entrance Requirements
- Doctoral Program In Anatomy Education Admissions Requirements
- Early Acceptance Programs
- Master of Medical Science Entrance Requirements
- Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences Entrance Requirements
- MSBE Entrance Requirements
- Pre-PharmD Programs Entrance Requirements
- RN to PharmD Bridge Program Entrance Requirements
- School of Dental Medicine Entrance Requirements
- School of Pharmacy Entrance Requirements