School of Pharmacy Entrance Requirements
LECOM School of Pharmacy will no longer be requiring the PCAT for admission.
To be considered for admission to the LECOM School of Pharmacy, a prospective student must meet and complete the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or an F-1 Visa holder (see below for additional requirements for F-1 Visa students) and be able to provide an official background check from any previous country he or she has lived within at least the last 5 years. If you are a Permanent Resident, you must submit a copy of your Permanent Resident Card to the Admissions office at the time of application. In addition, if you have an F-1 Visa, you must provide validation of your visa status. Citizenship will be determined via a Naturalization Certificate or Birth Certificate that must be presented prior to admission.
- Complete 60 semester hours of pre-professional course requirements from an accredited college or university in the United States by the July 1 prior to matriculation. LECOM School of Pharmacy will not accept CLEP credits for prerequisite courses. Advanced placement credits will be accepted for pre-requisite coursework with a score of 3 or higher.
- International baccalaureate (IB) credits earned at an approved IB high school will be accepted for pre-requisite coursework with a score of 4 or higher. Additionally, LECOM does not accept international coursework or degree evaluations.
- Earn a minimum of a 2.7 grade point average on a 4.0 scale, with no required course grade lower than C (70%).
- Pre-Professional Course Requirements are: 60 Semester Hours
- English: 6 Semester Hours
- Biology w/ Lab: 8 Semester Hours
- General Chemistry w/ Lab: 8 Semester Hours
- Organic Chemistry I w/ Lab: 8 Semester Hours
- Physics: 3 Semester Hours
- Calculus: 3 Semester Hours
- Statistics: 3 Semester Hours
- Economics: 3 Semester Hours
- Psychology OR Sociology: 3 Semester Hours
- *General Education Credits: 15 Semester Hours
- LECOM does not require the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) for entrance. All students must complete a short writing assessment at the time they interview.
*General Education Electives in subject areas other than the above prerequisites; such as humanities and social sciences.
For F-1 Visa Holders:
- All 60 Credits of pre-requisite coursework must be earned at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
- All international applicants must submit their IBT TOEFL results on PharmCAS with a minimum score of “20” on each section (reading, speaking, listening, and writing).
- All students must provide proof of their F-1 visa status. LECOM can only evaluate applicants with F-1 Visas.
- International applicants must submit an I-20 form. International students must also pay their first year tuition in full upon matriculation.
- Applicants must also satisfy any other regular admissions requirements for the School of Pharmacy.
Requirements subject to change.
NOTE: Beginning in the 2018-19 Application Cycle – LECOM will Implement The Following Updated Pre-Professional Course Requirements: 54 Semester Hours
- English: 6 Semester Hours – Prefer: Writing (Technical, Business, or Research)
- Biology w/ Lab: 8 Semester Hours – Prefer: Zoology, Genetics, Cell, Micro, Immunology, Molecular, Animal Physiology, Vertebrate Anatomy, or similar health-foundational biology
- General Chemistry w/ Lab: 8 Semester Hours
- Organic Chemistry I w/ Lab: 4 Semester Hours
- Organic Chemistry II w/ Lab OR Biochem w/ Lab: 4 Semester Hours
- Math-based Physics OR Physical Chemistry: 3 Semester Hours
- Calculus: 3 Semester Hours – Prefer: course designed for math or science majors
- Statistics: 3 Semester Hours – Prefer: research-based course
- Economics: 3 Semester Hours – Prefer: Microeconomics
- Psychology OR Sociology OR Anthropology: 3 Semester Hours
- Other Didactic Coursework in Math, Science, or Humanities: 9 Semester Hours – Prefer: Public Speaking or other communication coursework, health-care related sciences, calculus based math, or other health-care related coursework.
- College of Osteopathic Medicine Entrance Requirements
- School of Pharmacy Entrance Requirements
- School of Dental Medicine Entrance Requirements
- MSBE Entrance Requirements
- Admission Requirements for the MHSA degree
- Health Sciences Post Baccalaureate Entrance Requirements
- Master of Medical Science Entrance Requirements
- Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences Entrance Requirements
- Early Acceptance Programs
- Doctoral Program In Anatomy Education Admissions Requirements