Dr. Mohammed Razzaque (COM-Erie)
Dr. Razzaque obtained a Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Pathology from Nagasaki University (Japan) and also holds a degree in Medicine (M.B.B.S.). Dr. Razzaque is a Visiting Professor of the Department of Oral Health Policy and Epidemiology at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine (Boston), University of Antwerp (Belgium), Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (Kazakhstan), and University of Rwanda College of Medicine and Health Sciences (Rwanda). He also worked as a Professor of Pathology at the Saba University School of Medicine (Dutch Caribbean), and an Assistant Professor of Oral Medicine at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. He did his post-doctoral fellowship at the Penn State College of Medicine (Hershey). His research interest is how manipulating nutrients can reduce chronic disease burden. Dr. Razzaque is a recipient of an R01 grant as a Principal Investigator from the National Institute of Health (N.I.H.).
- Nutritional imbalances and chronic diseases
- Cancer-promoting factors and cachexia
- Regulation of mineral ions in health and diseases
- Parajuli P, Kumar S, Loumaye A, Singh P, Eragamreddy S, Nguyen TL, Ozkan S, Razzaque MS, Prunier C, Thissen JP, Atfi A. Twist1 activation in muscle progenitor cells causes muscle loss akin to cancer cachexia. Dev Cell. 2018; 45(6):712-725.e6.
- Zhang MZ, Ferrigno O, Wang Z, Ohnishi M, Prunier C, Levy L, Razzaque M, Horne WC, Romero D, Tzivion G, Colland F, Baron R, Atfi A. TGIF governs a feed-forward network that empowers Wnt signaling to drive mammary tumorigenesis. Cancer Cell. 2015; 27(4):547-60.
- Ohnishi M, Razzaque MS. Dietary and genetic evidence for phosphate toxicity accelerating mammalian aging. FASEB J. 2010; 24(9):3562-71.
- Razzaque MS. The FGF23–Klotho axis: endocrine regulation of phosphate homeostasis. Nature Rev Endocrinol. 2009; 5(11):611-619.
- Maeda Y, Nakamura E, Nguyen MT, Suva LJ, Swain FL, Razzaque MS, Mackem S, Lanske B. Indian Hedgehog produced by postnatal chondrocytes is essential for maintaining a growth plate and trabecular bone. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2007; 104(15):6382-7.
Google Scholar-indexed Publications