As a leader in medical education, LECOM offers innovative and affordable education in osteopathic medicine, pharmacy and dental medicine. From campuses in Erie and Greensburg, Pennsylvania, Bradenton, Florida, and Elmira, New York, LECOM provides student-centered pathways to prepare the next generation of health care professionals.
|Academics||Enrollment: 4,488||Alumni: 13,934|
|Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine||2,383||7,615|
|Doctor of Dental Medicine||416||496|
|Doctor of Pharmacy||1,156||3,238|
|Doctor of Anatomy Education||8||1|
|Doctor of Medical Microbiology Education||1||*|
|Masters in Health Services Administration||66||304|
|Master of Science in Medical Education||86||315|
|Master of Science in Biomedical Science||9||46|
|Master of Medical Science||292||407|
|Master of Science in Biomedical Ethics||19||9|
|Master of Public Health||19||*|
|Health Science Post Baccalaureate||12||1,491|
|Doctor of Pharmacy Education||1||*|
|Doctorate of Healthcare Administration||8||*|
|RN to PharmD Bridge||6||3|
College of Osteopathic Medicine
- LECOM has grown to become the nation’s largest medical college with campuses in Erie, Greensburg, Bradenton and Elmira.
- LECOM offers a quality medical education at an affordable price with one of the lowest, private medical college tuitions.
- LECOM is a leader in innovative, student-centered medical education with five learning pathways leading to a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree – Lecture Discussion, Problem-Based Learning, Directed Study and two three-year pathways: the Primary Care Scholars and the Accelerated Physician Assistant Pathway.
- The majority of LECOM graduates become primary care physicians (family physicians, internal medicine, pediatrics or OB-GYN). US News & World Report ranks LECOM in the top five medical colleges for graduating primary care physicians.
- LECOM receives the most medical school applications in the country.
School of Pharmacy
- The School of Pharmacy prepares pharmacists as members of a changing health care environment dedicated to patient-centered care.
- LECOM Erie offers a year-round, three-year curriculum and a four-year, distance education pathway. The Bradenton campus has a four-year program. Students may enroll to earn concurrent degrees from our masters programs.
- LECOM School of Pharmacy alumni are working in a variety of positions at retail and community pharmacies, hospitals, clinics and physician offices.
School of Dental Medicine
- The School of Dental Medicine offers a patient-centered curriculum to train dentists to improve the health of their patients through preventive care.
- Curriculum is modeled on Problem-Based Learning through small-group, case-based study for basic sciences.
- Students receive early simulation and basic patient care clinical learning experiences and progress to community-based, primary care clinic experience in urban areas with the greatest need for dental care.
School of Health Services Administration
- The Masters in Health Services Administration (MHSA) provides students with the knowledge and skills required to plan, direct, and coordinate medical and health services. Ranked #6 Best Online Masters in Health Administration by BestColleges.com.
- The Master of Science in Biomedical Ethics (MSBE) helps healthcare workers develop cultural competency in today’s diverse healthcare environment and demonstrates how ethics education leads to behavioral changes that result in a higher level of professionalism and the delivery of top-quality, patient-centered care.
- MHSA and MSBE students are trained, via distance education, to become administrators at healthcare facilities, public health care organizations, and private practice groups.
Additional graduate degrees and programs:
- The Master of Science in Medical Education, PhD in Anatomy Education and PhD in Medical Microbiology prepare educators, physicians, pharmacists and dentists to become better instructors in teaching at hospitals, clinics and colleges.
- The Health Sciences Post Baccalaureate certificate, Master of Medical Science and Masters of Science in Biomedical Sciences prepare candidates for advanced medical science study, research and other professional health care degrees.
- Each campus building in Erie, Bradenton and Elmira provides expansive teaching and learning areas and includes the latest teaching technology. The LECOM Bayfront Campus, Coffee Culture Café and Student Center and the John M. and Silvia Ferretti Medical Fitness and Wellness Center in Erie provide additional space for education and student activities. In Greensburg, LECOM utilizes classroom space at Seton Hill University.
- LECOM is a member of LECOM Health, the nation’s only osteopathic academic health center that includes Millcreek Community Hospital and the clinical practices managed by Medical Associates of Erie. Other members of LECOM Health include Corry Memorial Hospital, LECOM Senior Living Center, LECOM Senior Living Communities, LECOM Medical Fitness and Wellness Center, LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LECOM Center for Health and Aging, and Visiting Nurses Association of Erie County. LECOM students learn and work in all of these facilities.