As a leader in medical education, LECOM offers innovative and affordable education in osteopathic medicine, pharmacy and dental medicine. From campuses in Erie and Greensburg, Pa. and Bradenton, Fla., LECOM provides student-centered pathways to prepare the next generation of health care professionals.
|Academics||Enrollment: 4163||Alumni: 10,205|
|Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine||2266||5982|
|Doctor of Dental Medicine||405||200|
|Doctor of Pharmacy||1078||2387|
|Masters in Health Services Administration||106||89|
|Master of Science in Medical Education||69||219|
|Master of Science in Biomedical Science||6||34|
|Master of Medical Science||76||68|
|Health Science Post Baccalaureate||167||1226|
|PhD in Anatomy Education (new program)||1|
College of Osteopathic Medicine
- LECOM has grown to become the nation’s largest medical college with campuses in Erie, Greensburg and Bradenton.
- LECOM offers a quality medical education at an affordable price with one of the lowest, private medical college tuitions.
- LECOM is a leader in innovative, student-centered medical education with five learning pathways leading to a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree – Lecture Discussion, Problem-Based Learning, Directed Study and two three-year pathways: the Primary Care Scholars and the Accelerated Physician Assistant Pathway.
- The majority of LECOM graduates become Primary Care Physicians (family physicians, internal medicine, pediatrics or OB-GYN). US News & World Report ranks LECOM in the top five medical colleges for graduating primary care physicians.
- LECOM receives the most medical school applications in the country.
School of Pharmacy
- The School of Pharmacy opened to prepare pharmacists as members of a changing health care environment dedicated to patient-centered care.
- LECOM Erie offers the year-round, three-year curriculum, while LECOM Bradenton has a four-year program.
- LECOM School of Pharmacy Alumni are working in a variety of positions at retail and community pharmacies, hospitals, clinics and physician offices.
School of Dental Medicine
- The School of dental medicine offers a patient-centered curriculum to train dentists to improve the health of their patients through preventive care.
- Curriculum is modeled on Problem-Based Learning through small-group, case-based study for basic sciences.
- Students receive early simulation and basic patient care clinical learning experiences and progress to community-based, primary care clinic experience in urban areas with the greatest need for dental care.
School of Graduate Studies
- The School of Graduate Studies now offers a Master of Health Services Administration degree to prepare administrators to meet the growing demands of medical services.
- Additional graduate degrees include:
- The Master of Science in Medical Education prepares physicians, pharmacists and dentists to become better clinical instructors in teaching hospitals, clinics and colleges.
- LECOM also offers a Health Sciences Post Baccalaureate certificate and two Master of Science Degrees to prepare candidates for advanced medical science study, research and health career degrees.
- Each campus building in Erie and Bradenton provides expansive teaching and learning areas and includes the latest teaching technology. The LECOM Bayfront Campus, Coffee Culture Café and Student Center and the John M. and Silvia Ferretti Medical Fitness and Wellness Center in Erie provide additional space for education and student activities. In Greensburg, LECOM utilizes classroom space at Seton Hill University.
- LECOM is a member of LECOM Health, an academic health center that includes Millcreek Community Hospital and the clinical practices managed by Medical Associates of Erie. Other members of LECOM Health include Corry Memorial Hospital, LECOM Senior Living Center, LECOM Senior Living Communities, LECOM Medical Fitness and Wellness Center, LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Lifeworks Erie, and Visiting Nurses Association of Erie County. LECOM students learn and work in all of these facilities.