Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE)
IPPE Manual Downloads:
Bradenton — Click here to Download the IPPE Manual
IPPE Training — Click Here for the IPPE Preceptor Training
IPPE Learning Objectives:
The goal of IPPE rotations is to have the students become competent in the daily practice of pharmacy operations. The student will:
1. Describe the structure, the organization, and chain of command within the organization.
2. Describe the roles and responsibilities of the diverse personnel working in the pharmacy.
3. Become familiar with the workflow in the pharmacy.
4. Handle the processing of prescriptions or physician’s orders from their initial receipt in the pharmacy to the dispensing of the product to the patient or to the patient’s floor/bedside.
5. Gain experience handling parenteral medications as well as other types of formulations.
6. Document and/or file orders or other documents pertaining to the daily work in the pharmacy.
7. Use pharmacy technology pertaining to the site and understand the technologies’ impact on the practice of pharmacy.
8. Communicate efficiently with patients (if appropriate) and members of the health care team.
9. Be professional at all times.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive. The preceptor has the authority to adapt and to add other experiences that he/she feels the student will benefit from.
- Become a Pharmacy Experience Preceptor
- Master of Science in Medical Education
- Recommend a Pharmacy School Applicant
- Benefits of Becoming a Pharmacy Preceptor
- Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE)
- Pharmacy Preceptor Training
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPE)
- SUCCESS Pharmacy Student Evaluation