College of Osteopathic Medicine
Teaching Area Pathology , Medical Education
Education Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine
Dr. Lomiguen graduated with high honors from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (B.S. Biomedical Engineering, Minor in Psychology). While at Rutgers, she conducted stem cell research with the Department of Biomedical Engineering and protein purification research with the Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine. She previously worked in Global Structural Biology at Merck & Co., Inc. and in Process Development with VaxInnate Corporation. Dr. Lomiguen's current research is primarily focused on medical education. She earned her Master of Science in Medical Education (MS.MEd) from LECOM and currently teaches for the program. Her recent abstracts with medical students have been awarded by the American College of Family Physicians (ACOFP), Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY), American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (ACOS), and the New York State Osteopathic Medical Society (NYSOMS).
- Lomiguen, C., Vidal, L., Kozlowski, P., Prancan, A., & Stern, R. (2018). Possible role of chitin-like proteins in the etiology of Alzheimer’s Disease. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, 66(22), 439-444. DOI: 10.3233/JAD-180326
- Chin, J., Wan, P., Zhou, Y., Lomiguen, C. (2019). The prevalence of thyroid ima artery and its significance in surgery. International Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, 5(4).
- Amine, N. O., Lomiguen, C. M., Iftikhar, A., & Sahni, S. (2018). Pregnancy-associated spontaneous pneumomediastinum: A contemporary review. Cureus, 10(10). DOI: 10.7759/cureus.3452
- Naito, T., Chin, J., Lomiguen, C. (2019). Postpartum psychosis in a Non-English speaking patient: A perspective on language barriers and cultural competency. General Psychiatry, 32(e100077). DOI: 10.1136/gpsych-2019-100077
- Chin, J., Lavalliere, J., Francis, M., O’Toole, P., Lin, J., Kviatkovsky, B., Lomiguen, C. (2019). Osteopathic physical exam findings in chronic hepatitis C: A case study. Cureus, 11(1). DOI: 10.7759/cureus.3939
Selected Oral Presentations and Invited Talks:
- Perceived Impact of Novel Board Preparatory Resources on COMLEX-USA Level 1 Pathology Performance” at the 2019 Group for Research in Pathology Education (GRIPE) Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA
- “Viewpoints and Impressions Regarding Different Cultures and Global Health from Volunteer Medical Relief Trips and Clinical Experiences Abroad” at the 2018 American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Global Health Summit, Jacksonville, FL
- “Essential Demand for Asian-Pacific Islander American (APIA) Representation in Academic Medicine as Leaders for Future Physicians” at the 2019 Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association (APAMSA) National Conference at New York University School of Medicine in New York, NY
- “One Rogue Cell – The Molecular Basis of Cancer” at the 2019 Pint of Science Festival in New York, NY