Admission Requirements for the MHSA degree
Applicants shall meet these minimum requirements:
- Applicants will have completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university by the time of enrollment or be currently enrolled in the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) College of Medicine (COM), School of Pharmacy (SOP) or School of Dental Medicine (SDM).
- Applicants not currently enrolled in LECOM COM, SOP of SDM must submit two letters of recommendation from professional associates familiar with the applicant’s work and credentials.
- Successful candidates will typically reflect an overall GPA of 3.0 or above in their college degree transcripts.
- Applicants enrolled in LECOM’s COM, SOP or SDM may enroll in the MHSA program. To apply, students must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0, a letter of recommendation from a faculty member and a letter of recommendation from the Dean, Pre-clinical or Clinical Assistant/Associate Dean of their school.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Foreign trained applicants interested in enrolling in the MHSA program must have passed the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) with a minimum of B (150 in verbal reasoning, 150 in quantitative reasoning) and 3 in analytical writing.
- If English is not the applicant’s native language, the applicant must successfully pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum of B (20 points in reading session, 20 points in speaking session, 20 points in listening session and 20 points in writing session).
Masters in Health Services Administration