Admissions Requirements for the DHA Degree
Applicants shall meet these minimum requirements:
- Applicants will have completed a master’s degree an provide official transcripts from an accredited college or university by the time of enrollment or hold a doctorate professional degree in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, podiatry, nursing, speech pathology, or related discipline and level. Successful candidates will typically reflect an overall GPA of 3.0 or above reflected on their official college degree transcripts.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendations from professionals familiar with the applicant’s work and or academic credentials.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must provide a current copy of one of the following official government issued photo ID to verify their identity: State issued driver’s license, US passport or US military ID.
- Applicants must have passed GMAT Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Verbal, and Quantitative with a minimum score of 561 on a scale of 200-800. The GMAT requirement may be waived by the Dean of the LECOM School of Health Services Administration if the following special conditions are met: 1) The applicant has posted an acceptable score for either the GMAT or GRE within five (5) years of the start of the applied to D.H.A. program. 2) The applicant is a graduate of any of the LECOM School of Health Services Administration master’s degree programs. 3) The applicant can substantiate significant (minimum of five (5) years of healthcare industry administrative and leadership experience during the interview process.
- Foreign trained applicants interested in enrolling in the D.H.A. program must have passed the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) with a minimum of B (150 in verbal reasoning, 150 in quantitative reasoning) and 3 in analytical writing. 21
- If English is not the applicant’s native language, the applicant must successfully pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum of B (20 points in reading session, 20 points in speaking session, 20 points in listening session and 20 points in writing session).
Applicant must interview (either in person or via video conference) with D.H.A. program director and be recommended for admission into the program by the LECOM School of Health Services Administration Admissions Committee.
Doctor of Healthcare Administration
- Doctor of Healthcare Administration (DHA)
- How the DHA Schedule Works
- DHA Curriculum
- Your Cost of Attending the Doctor of Healthcare Administration Program
- DHA Applying for Financial Aid
- Admissions Requirements for the DHA Degree
- DHA Program Contacts
- Doctor of Healthcare Administration Application Procedure
- Doctor of Healthcare Administration Tuition and Fees