Three-Year Accelerated Pathway – Erie
LECOM provides a solid background in patient-centered care and prepares its Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) graduates to become effective members of the health care team for all areas of practice.
Setting LECOM Erie apart from other schools of pharmacy are our:
- Innovative, year-round curriculum leading to completion of the professional program in pharmacy in three years instead of four years, enabling LECOM students to enter the job market or residency one year earlier.
- Opportunity to complete introductory and advanced experiential components within LECOM Health, an academic osteopathic health center where LECOM students work with pharmacists, physicians, nurses, dentists and other health care professionals in a uniquely inter-professional setting.
- ntegration of science and practice throughout the program.
- Technologically advanced facilities that prepare students to practice in the 21st century.
- Opportunity to enter Masters degree programs in Biomedical Sciences, Health Services Administration, Biomedical Ethics and Medical Education.
The future is very bright for our graduates. The demand for pharmacists will continue to grow due to the increased medication and health care needs of an older population. There are also a wide variety of practice settings for LECOM graduates to choose from, including: community, hospital, industry, ambulatory care, managed care, government, academia and others.