If a student enrolled at a LECOM campus does not receive satisfaction from a complaint filed with LECOM pursuant to the LECOM delineated process for filing a complaint*, the student may contact the state department of education in the state where the student is enrolled (Pennsylvania or Florida).
In Pennsylvania, students may click here to download the Pennsylvania Education Complaint Form. Or contact the following to obtain a complaint form and submit it to:
Pennsylvania Department of Education
Division of Higher and Career Education
333 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333
Phone: (717) 783-8228
Fax: (717) 772-3622
In Florida, students may send by letter or e-mail the following information:
- Name of Student (or Complainant)
- Complainant Address
- Phone Number
- Name of Institution
- Location of the Institution (City)
- Dates of Attendance
- A full description of the problem and any other documentation that will support your claim such as enrollment agreements, correspondence, etc.
- The complaint process of the Commission involves contacting the institution to obtain their response to your complaint. If you do not want the Commission to contact the institution you are attending, you must state so in your complaint; however, doing so will greatly hinder the Commission’s ability to assist you with your complaint.
Send Letter To:
Commission for Independent Education
325 W. Gaines Street, Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL. 32399-0400
Fax: (850) 245-3238
Note: Documents received in this office are considered public record. Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. This office cannot give legal advice to any individual or take any legal action on behalf of any individual. We will investigate your complaint to see what assistance, if any, we may be able to offer.
*Please refer to the LECOM Student Handbooks to review the Protocol for Input on Matters of Student Concern (complaint process).
- COM Comlex Pass and Graduation Match Rates
- COM Student Debt Outcomes
- Pharmacy Graduation Outcome Measures
- COM Financial Aid and Debt Counseling Sessions
- LECOM post-graduate medical education residency match details
- School of Dental Medicine Graduation Outcomes
- Distance Education Complaint Process for Out-of-State Students