Student Laptop Requirements
Required Laptop Computer Guidelines
All incoming LECOM students are required to have a Windows-based laptop computer. Apple computers are not supported.The computer is used to obtain course notes, access the Internet, e-mail, on-line testing and other activities. All incoming students must obtain a system prior to the first day of orientation. Students are responsible for all costs associated with ownership of the computer.
- Intel Core i3, i5, i7 series processor - 2.0 Ghz or higher
- 4 GB of RAM or more
- 320 GB Hard Drive or more
- A 802.11b/g/n wireless card that supports WPA2-Enterpise is required for internet connection
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher operating system is required
- Anti-virus is required for all computers that connect to the LECOM Network.
Microsoft Office 2010-2013
- Links for discounted software can be found on the LECOM Portal IT tab.
- An external hard drive is highly recommended for backing up data.
- An Inkjet or laser printer for individuals who prefer printed documents.
- Access to a local Internet Service Provider.
Most laptops have a manufacturer’s warranty for one year. We recommend that you consider purchasing an extended warranty for a number of years. This will cover hardware failures which can be very expensive, and also give you access to extra technical support for hardware problems.
Apple computers (Mac) are not supported.
Tablet devices (Android, iPad, Surface, or devices with Windows 8 RT) are accepted as a secondary device but not as a substitute for your required laptop.
While you are a student at LECOM, our IS support staff will be available to help you. The following services are provided:
- Software troubleshooting
- Virus removal
- Antivirus software installation
- Operating System – Reformat/Reimage
- Data Backup
We will not troubleshoot hardware and for any hardware repairs the LECOM IT department will refer students to local computer repair shops.
Please contact the IS support staff if you have any questions regarding the purchase of a laptop computer.
We can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Policies
- Health & Technical Standards
- Computer Technology
- Campus Security
- LECOM Security Department
- LECOM Clery Act Campus Safety and Security Report
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- Building Hours, ID Badges and Visitors
- Vehicle Traffic and Parking Policy
- Weapons Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Policies
- Reporting Crime
- Off Campus Student Organizational Functions
- Campus Safety and Security Programs and Information Systems
- Emergency Phone Numbers