Portable Computer Policy and Guidelines
Portable computers represent a useful research tool for collecting, recording or analyzing information while in a field setting. Information collected and stored while in the field can be transferred to a desktop machine for permanent storage and further analysis. These machines are not to be used by students, even if working on faculty projects, and they will not be loaned for the purpose of word processing on campus, or in the immediate region.
The following provisions describe conduct prohibited under these standards and guidelines:
- Altering system software or hardware configurations without authorization, or disrupting or interfering with the delivery or administration of computer resources.
- Attempting to access or accessing another’s account, private files, or Email without the owner’s permission.
- Misrepresenting oneself as another individual in electronic communication.
- Installing, copying, distributing, or using software in violation of: copyright, license, and/or software agreements; applicable state and federal laws or regulations. Using computing resources for commercial or profit-making purposes without written authorization from LECOM.
- Using computing resources to engage in conduct that interferes with other users’ use of shared computer resources and/or the activities of other users.
- Failing to adhere to individual department or unit lab and system policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Allowing access to computer resources by unauthorized users.
- Using computer resources for illegal activities.
- Not ensuring that one’s use does not generate an inordinate amount of traffic that adversely affects others.
- Attaching more than one computer to his/her data jack. Multiple machines or hubs are not permitted.
- Using computer resources in violation of the LECOM Internet or Email policies.
- Professional Policies
- Health & Technical Standards
- Computer Technology
- Campus Security
- LECOM Security Department
- LECOM Clery Act Campus Safety and Security Report
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- Building Hours, ID Badges and Visitors
- Vehicle Traffic and Parking Policy
- Weapons Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Policies
- Reporting Crime
- Off Campus Student Organizational Functions
- Campus Safety and Security Programs and Information Systems
- Emergency Phone Numbers