LECOM will make reasonable efforts to maintain the integrity and effective operation of its electronic mail systems, but users are advised that those systems should in no way be regarded as a secure medium for the communication of sensitive or confidential information.
Because of the nature and technology of electronic communications, LECOM can assure neither the privacy of an individual’s use of the electronic mail resources nor the confidentiality of messages that are transmitted, received or stored.
Understand that, with no notice to the user, Network Administrators routinely monitor and make backup copies of computer resources, including but not limited to the network, communication systems, e-mail messages, and internet sites log, to assure the smooth functioning of the computer resources and that they may have the ability to view the user’s files, messages or other communications.
Only computers protected by up-to-date anti-virus software will be given e-mail access.
Unacceptable Uses of Email:
- Using an E-mail account owned by someone else.
- Sending harassing, obscene and/or other threatening messages to another user.
- Sending unsolicited junk mail.
- Sending material that infringes upon the copyright of another person.
- Sending chain letters.
- Sending commercial or advertising material to users or other organizations.
- Distributing Email to everyone in the college without proper authorization.
- Distributing hate mail, discriminatory remarks or pornographic material.
- Using Email to share confidential information about students or employees.
- Soliciting on behalf of another organization.
- Automatic forwarding.
- Revealing confidential information to anyone who has neither a need nor a right to have the information.
- Sending or forwarding pornography, spam or other Email nuisances.
Please be aware that our Email filters do not stop all pornography, adware, spyware, etc. To turn off the automatic download of these images in your Email, please call our help support desk (4357). Please remember to keep your antivirus, spyware and adware up to date. If you are uncertain if it is up to date, please call the help support desk (4357).
- Professional Policies
- Health & Technical Standards
- Computer Technology
- Campus Security
- LECOM Security Department
- LECOM Clery Act Campus Safety and Security Report
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- Building Hours, ID Badges and Visitors
- Vehicle Traffic and Parking Policy
- Weapons Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Policies
- Reporting Crime
- Off Campus Student Organizational Functions
- Campus Safety and Security Programs and Information Systems
- Emergency Phone Numbers