Drug and Alcohol Policies
LECOM recognizes that a medical or pharmaceutical education may be a time of great stress for students. Therefore, we want to enable our students and staff to adapt successfully to stress without engaging in potentially harmful coping mechanisms such as alcohol or drug abuse. A student, faculty member or other employee who needs help for a drug or alcohol problem will be assisted promptly to help solve his or her problem in an effective, compassionate manner.
Students, faculty members or other employees who need medical or counseling assistance for a drug or alcohol problem can obtain this assistance by following the procedures set forth in the LECOM Student or Employee Handbooks.
Additionally, the illegal use of controlled substances or abuse of alcohol can seriously injure the health of students or staff, such as: adversely impair their performance of their responsibilities, endanger the safety and well-being of the college community members, jeopardize the property of the college or it’s members or visitors, or adversely effect the educational mission of the college. As a consequence, to provide for the safety of the members of the College community and it’s property, LECOM has set the following minimum standards of conduct for all members of the community (students, faculty and staff) and for those seeking admission to the community.
Moreover, LECOM is fully committed to comply with the provisions of the Drug-Free School and Community Act of 1989, as well as, all other federal and state statutes pertaining to the possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs or alcohol by students, staff or any other person on LECOM property or any of it’s activities.
- Alcoholic beverages shall not be served or consumed on the LECOM campus or any satellite facility associated with the college.
- Alcohol may not be consumed or served at any LECOM student club or organization sponsored event.
- The illegal use or abuse of drugs shall not be tolerated and violators shall be subject to criminal prosecution and/or administrative discipline.
- No student, faculty member or other employee shall possess, use, manufacture, produce, sell, exchange, or otherwise distribute any drug prohibited by federal or state law and LECOM.
- The commission of a serious crime is grounds for immediate discharge from LECOM.
- No student, faculty member or other employee shall possess, consume, furnish, manufacture, sell, exchange, or otherwise distribute any alcoholic beverage except as permitted by state law and LECOM.
- Professional Policies
- Health & Technical Standards
- Computer Technology
- Campus Security
- LECOM Security Department
- Campus Safety and Security Programs and Information Systems
- Off Campus Student Organizational Functions
- Reporting Crime
- Drug and Alcohol Policies
- Weapons Policy
- Vehicle Traffic and Parking Policy
- Building Hours, ID Badges and Visitors
- LECOM Bradenton Campus Crime Statistics
- LECOM Erie Campus Crime Statistics
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- Emergency Phone Numbers