Privacy and Security of the LECOM Web Site
Visitors can access the LECOM website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data unless you voluntarily submit that information as part of correspondence with LECOM or its employees.
The College does not collect or use personal data for any purpose other than that indicated on the Web pages where the information is requested or collected. Except as requested by individuals or indicated on the Web page where information is requested, LECOM does not disclose this personal information to other organizations.
Protecting the privacy of children is of utmost concern. The LECOM website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
LECOM is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as applicable regulations, standards, and guidelines established by government agencies and accepted accrediting organizations.
The College will provide a secure transmission method for individuals to send us personal information, including:
- Primary personal information (such as name and contact details)
- Identifiers (such as social security numbers, credit card details, website password)
- Specific personal information (such as survey information, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, medical information)
While such secure transmission methods provide reasonable protections against unauthorized access, if you have concerns regarding the transmission of sensitive information, you should consider using non-electronic communication methods.
We have implemented security policies, rules, and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- Unauthorized access
- Improper use or disclosure
- Unauthorized modification
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss
- All our employees and data processors who have access to, and are associated with, the processing of personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors' personal information.
Questions about privacy and security should be directed to the LECOM Communications & Marketing Department.