Admission Requirements for the MHSA degree
Applicants shall meet these minimum requirements:
- Applicants will have completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university by the time of enrollment or be currently enrolled in the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) College of Medicine (COM), School of Pharmacy (SOP) or School of Dental Medicine (SDM).
- Applicants not currently enrolled in LECOM COM, SOP of SDM must submit two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants enrolled in LECOM’s COM, SOP or SDM may enroll in the MHSA program. To apply, current LECOM students must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0, a letter of recommendation from a faculty member and a letter of recommendation from the Dean, Pre-clinical or Clinical Assistant Dean of their school.
- Foreign trained applicants interested in enrolling in the MHSA program must have passed the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) with a minimum of B (150 in verbal reasoning, 150 in quantitative reasoning) and 3 in analytical writing.
- If English is not the applicant’s native language, the applicant must successfully pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum of B (20 points in reading session, 20 points in speaking session, 20 points in listening session and 20 points in writing session).
- Non-US citizens or applicants who are not permanent US residents must have a valid US visa to be able to attend in-person components of the program or internships.
- Successful candidates will typically have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above.