The School of Pharmacy at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) inducted 19 new student members to its campus chapter of Phi Lambda Sigma, a national pharmacy leadership society.
The new members pledged to uphold the standards and ideals of Phi Lambda Sigma, to be advocates for pharmacy through their leadership and service, and to practice pharmacy with dignity, knowledge, ethics and a concern for the well-being of those who they serve. The students were chosen for membership in part because of their leadership positions in student government and in other clubs and organizations on campus.
LECOM's student members of Phi Lambda Sigma
As new members of Phi Lambda Sigma, the students will be expected to continue to serve as leaders for the School of Pharmacy, particularly in terms of its involvement in community service, fundraising, advocacy, and publishing, among other areas. For the list of new inductees, see below.
In addition, four students were inducted as officers of the campus chapter. Huy Dang will serve as president, Chris Sedgwick as vice president, Paulina Trzcinka as treasurer, and Chris Schott as secretary.
The students were given pins as a symbol of their membership in Phi Lambda Sigma, which strives to recognize student leaders in pharmacy and to help students grow and develop their leadership abilities.
|Rebecca Miller Wise, Pharm.D. (center), with the chapter officers (l-r) Huy Dang, Paulina Trzcinka, Chris Sedgwick and Christopher Schott.|
Rebecca Miller Wise, Pharm.D., Director of Admissions for the School of Pharmacy, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice, and advisor to Gamma Pi, led the ceremony. Rachel Ogden, Pharm.D., Associate Dean and Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice, congratulated the students on behalf of the School of Pharmacy.
More about the LECOM School of Pharmacy
The LECOM School of Pharmacy is a nationally recognized leader in the evolution of pharmacy practice. The School
emphasizes collaborative practices, community service, dedication to the profession of pharmacy, diversity, excellence in scholarship and teaching, integrity, leadership, life-long learning, professionalism and continuous quality improvement.
LECOM’s campus in Erie offers one of the few accelerated, three-year Doctor of Pharmacy programs in the country. Students interested in a more traditional, four-year program leading to the Pharm.D. degree may attend LECOM’s campus in Bradenton, Fla.
- Students to focus on patient health, education through Script Your Future
- middle school students learn about health professions during LECOM visit
- First-year Students Receive White Coats
- Student Pharmacists Inducted Into Academic Honor Society
- LECOM, Lake Erie College Sign Affiliation Agreement
- LECOM to lead Safe Kids Erie initiative
- LECOM Bradenton Celebrates Seventh Commencement
- Construction has begun for the new LECOM Senior Living Center
- Important LECOM Events for 2014-2015
- LECOM Commencement Dates 2014-2020
- LECOM Prospective Student Open Houses
- LECOM Connection Available Online
- LECOM Provides Easier Access to News Items
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- LECOM 2013 Commencement Photos