Considering a career in the medical field? Ever thought of becoming a physician, pharmacist or dentist? High school students can get a first-hand look at what it takes to be a medical practitioner though the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Human Body Explored (HBE) program.
HBE is a comparative anatomy and physiology course that includes hands-on laboratory activities. Students will learn from current students and faculty in LECOM’s Problem Based Learning curriculum and get the chance to visit local hospitals, research institutions and medical offices.
|Hands-on laboratory activities are a big part of LECOM's Human Body Explored program, which is currently taking registrations.|
“Participating in LECOM’s HBE program really solidified what I wanted to do,” says Morgan Pyne a Lakewood Ranch High School graduate who attended the HBE program and is now a second-year medical student at LECOM's Bradenton campus. “Looking back, it really prepared me for what I am studying today.”
Program registration is currently underway. The program takes place the first or second Tuesday of each month Jan.-May, 5:15-8 p.m. at LECOM’s campus at 5000 Lakewood Ranch Blvd. in Bradenton, FL. Cost is $150.
For more information, please contact Dr. Kersten Schroeder at (941) 756-0690 x5963 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine offers innovative and affordable education in osteopathic medicine, dentistry and pharmacy. From campuses in Erie, Pennsylvania,Greensburg, Pennsylvania and Bradenton, Florida, LECOM believes that when mind, body and spirit come together the impossible becomes suddenly possible. It is a calling each and every one of our students embodies to become the best they can be. To prevent disease and treat it. To give hope. Can you hear the calling?
- LECOM Celebrates National Osteopathic Medicine Week 2014
- LECOM Announces Plans For Dental Group Practices at Erie Campus
- More than 500 student doctors attend Hospital Day
- LECOM Announces Opening of Dental Group Practices
- LECOM Open House for Prospective Students on June 20
- Noted Physician Discusses Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease
- LECOM School of Pharmacy to Offer Online Pharm.D. Degree
- Doctor of Pharmacy Students Participate in Advocacy Porgram
- LECOM Students Travel to Washington for DO Day on Capitol Hill
- LECOM, Wesbury Retirement Community Announce Partnership
- LECOM Using 'Revolutionary' Device in Patient Rehab
- Construction has begun for the new LECOM Senior Living Center
- Important LECOM Events for 2013-2014
- LECOM Commencement Dates 2014-2020
- LECOM Connection Available Online
- LECOM Provides Easier Access to News Items
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- LECOM 2013 Commencement Photos