The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Pharmacy is proud to celebrate American Pharmacists Month during the month of October. This month-long observance is a time to recognize the significant contributions to health care and the commitment to patient care by pharmacists in ALL practice settings from around the country. "Know Your MEDICINE, Know Your PHARMACIST" will serve as the theme and core message of the month.
When patients have health problems, the most important way to manage their recovery is by taking the medication as directed by their physician, pharmacist, or other health care professional.
During American Pharmacist Month, the LECOM School of Pharmacy wants to remind the community about medication adherence; always take your medicines, following the directions and completing the course of treatment. Not taking prescribed medication as directed can be bad for one’s health and it can rob a person of a long and full life.
LECOM Erie students will participate in the following events that will take place during the month of October to recognize American Pharmacist Month.
- On Sunday, October 6th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.– students will participate in a safety fair at the K-Mart on Buffalo Road in Harborcreek Township.
- On October 6th and 13th from 12-3 p.m. and on October 10th and 17th from 4-7 p.m. – students will participate in the Wal-Mart traveling health fair at the Peach Street, Buffalo Road, Elm Street and Ridge Road locations.
- On Sunday, October 19th from 11 a.m. to 3p.m.students will host a healthy living fair at the Millcreek Mall and will be providing blood pressure screenings, glucose screenings, and poison prevention tips and discussing other various health related topics.
- On Wednesday, October 23rd from 5 to 8 p.m. LECOM Pharmacy students will distribute Mr. Yuk© stickers and explain poison prevention methods during the Achievement Center Trail of Treats at the Millcreek Mall.
- On Saturday, October 26th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – students will participate in a National Drug Take Back Event, an event designed to collect and safely dispose of prescription and non-prescription medication. Collection sites will be held at Erie City Hall, Harborcreek Township and the Millcreek Township buildings.
|City of Erie Mayor Joseph Sinnott (center) presented a proclamation to the LECOM School of Pharmacy proclaming October as American Pharmacist Month. Pictured with the mayor are pharmacy students (L-R) Jaxson Burkins, P1, Alex Covey, P2, Christopher Segwick, P2 and Paulina Trzcinka, P2.|
The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine offers innovative and affordable education in osteopathic medicine, dentistry and pharmacy. From campuses in Erie, Pennsylvania, Greensburg, Pennsylvania and Bradenton, Florida, LECOM believes that when mind, body and spirit come together, the impossible becomes suddenly possible. It is a calling each and every one of our students embodies to become the best they can be. To prevent disease and treat it. To give hope. Can you hear the calling?
- Student Fund Scholarship Auction Raises Record Total
- Students Inducted Into National Pharmacy Leadership Society
- School of Pharmacy Chosen for Statewide Award
- LECOM Alumni Shine at Hospital Day
- Students, Faculty from School of Pharmacy Participate in Drug Take-Back Day
- LECOM at Seton Hill Med Students Receive White Coats
- LECOM and Grove City College continue partnership through early acceptance programs
- Construction has begun for the new LECOM Senior Living Center
- LECOM Graduates the Class of 2013
- Important LECOM Events for 2013-2014
- LECOM Commencement Dates 2014-2020
- LECOM Connection Available Online
- LECOM Provides Easier Access to News Items
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- LECOM 2013 Commencement Photos