The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League have announced that LECOM will serve as the exclusive medical provider for the team during the 2012-2013 season.
“Working with the Erie Otters, our Sports Medicine Physicians have the opportunity interface with young athletes early in their careers," said LECOM President John M. Ferretti, D.O. "Not only will our doctors be on hand to treat injuries but through their skills in sports medicine, they'll be able to guide the players to prevent injuries and improve their health.”
|The LECOM Sports Medicine Team pictured (from L-R): Sports Medicine Fellows Diana Trister, DO and Zarinah Hud DO. Erie Otters General Manager Sherry Bassin. Director of LECOM Sports Medicine Patrick Leary, DO and Greg Coppola, DO.|
“Providing medical care to the Erie Otters allows our program to expand to a very high level of professional hockey,” said Director of LECOM Sports Medicine Patrick Leary, D.O. “Physical exams, on ice injuries and return to play considerations are all a big part of a team's success. In our offices at the LECOM Wellness Center, we will be able to diagnose, treat and rehabilitate a number of common conditions such as concussions, groin strains and knee injuries.”
LECOM will provide the Otters with medical coverage for all home games at Erie Insurance Arena, including playoffs, during the 2012-2013 OHL season. The collaborative partnership between LECOM and the Otters Training Staff includes office visits, continuing medical care, x-rays and rehabilitation for all injured players.
The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine offers innovative and affordable education in osteopathic medicine, dentistry and pharmacy. From campuses in Erie, Pennsylvania,Greensburg, Pennsylvania and Bradenton, Florida, LECOM believes that when mind, body and spirit come together the impossible becomes suddenly possible. It is a calling each and every one of our students embodies to become the best they can be. To prevent disease and treat it. To give hope. Can you hear the calling?
- State Senator Recognizes LECOM for Poison Prevention Efforts
- LECOM Wellness Center accredited as Certified Medical Fitness Facility
- Student Chosen As Winner of Ripple Effect Contest, Will Make Humanitarian Service Trip
- LECOM to lead Safe Kids Erie initiative
- Construction has begun for the new LECOM Senior Living Center
- Important LECOM Events for 2014-2015
- LECOM Commencement Dates 2014-2020
- LECOM Prospective Student Open Houses
- LECOM Connection Available Online
- LECOM Provides Easier Access to News Items
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- LECOM 2013 Commencement Photos