The Notre Dame Club of Erie recognized the life-time achievements of LECOM’s president by honoring John M. Ferretti, DO as the club’s 2013 Person of the Year.
Notre Dame Alumnus Paul Hakel told the crowd gathered at the Erie Kahkwa club that Dr. Ferretti has provided the unfaltering and unmatched leadership necessary to navigate the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine to the forefront of osteopathic medical education for more than two decades.
He noted that under Dr. Ferretti’s unwavering guidance, LECOM has grown to become the largest medical college in the country and has expanded to three campuses in Pennsylvania and Florida. LECOM now prepares not only physicians, but dentists and pharmacists with the inclusion of a school of dental medicine and a school of pharmacy.
Dr. Ferretti accepted the award, not only for himself, but for the accomplishments of the entire LECOM family. “I am proud to accept this award because of LECOM’s mission of “purposeful service to the community,” he said. “Wherever LECOM lays a cornerstone, its economic and social impact helps the underserved.”
The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine offers innovative and affordable education in osteopathic medicine, dentistry and pharmacy. From campuses in Erie, Pennsylvania,Greensburg, Pennsylvania and Bradenton, Florida, LECOM believes that when mind, body and spirit come together the impossible becomes suddenly possible. It is a calling each and every one of our students embodies to become the best they can be. To prevent disease and treat it. To give hope. Can you hear the calling?
- LECOM Celebrates National Osteopathic Medicine Week 2014
- LECOM Announces Plans For Dental Group Practices at Erie Campus
- More than 500 student doctors attend Hospital Day
- LECOM Announces Opening of Dental Group Practices
- LECOM Open House for Prospective Students on June 20
- Noted Physician Discusses Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease
- LECOM School of Pharmacy to Offer Online Pharm.D. Degree
- Doctor of Pharmacy Students Participate in Advocacy Porgram
- LECOM Students Travel to Washington for DO Day on Capitol Hill
- LECOM, Wesbury Retirement Community Announce Partnership
- LECOM Using 'Revolutionary' Device in Patient Rehab
- Construction has begun for the new LECOM Senior Living Center
- Important LECOM Events for 2013-2014
- LECOM Commencement Dates 2014-2020
- LECOM Connection Available Online
- LECOM Provides Easier Access to News Items
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- LECOM 2013 Commencement Photos