The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Erie completed construction of a new addition that provides improved security and more space for the college. Students, faculty and staff began using the new north entrance to the Grandview Boulevard campus on Tuesday, July 3, 2012.
The new entrance allows safe, easier access from the main parking lots. Construction of the two-story, 10,000 square-foot building included additional meeting rooms, offices and maintenance facilities.
The LECOM Campus Police office has relocated to the first floor entrance providing safety for anyone entering the building. The first floor has a museum display space for a growing collection of medical-related historical and educational material.
The second floor of the addition connects to the original first floor reception area where only students, employees and visitors with identification badges will have access to the rest of the building.
This level will include admission interview rooms and a 50-seat conference room where admissions staff will hold interviews for prospective students. The College receives more than 10,000 medical and pharmacy student applications for the Erie campus each year and interviews nearly 2000 applicants to fill the entering classes.
Handicapped parking is provided in front of the new entrance for easier entry especially in inclement weather. In preparation for the new entrance opening, the College had the main parking lots re-paved and lined for spaces and driving lanes.
A new sidewalk was added along to the east side of the main building to allow safe travel on foot from West Grandview Blvd. to the new entrance.
The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine offers innovative and affordable education in osteopathic medicine, dentistry and pharmacy. From campuses in Erie, Pennsylvania, Greensburg, Pennsylvania and Bradenton, Florida, LECOM provides student-centered pathways to prepare the next generation of healthcare professionals.
- LECOM Honored for Medication Adherence Programs
- LECOM Continues its Mission of Serving the Community
- LECOM and MCH Lead All Award Winners at POMA Conference
- LECOM Named Institution of the Year by the Manatee Chamber of Commerce
- LECOM Students Recognize National Osteopathic Medicine Week
- LECOM Introduces the Next Generation of Senior Living.
- LECOM and Highmark Inc. Announce Partnership to Increase Physicians in Rural Areas of Pennsylvania
- Important LECOM Events
- LECOM Commencement Dates 2013-2020
- LECOM Connection Available Online
- LECOM Provides Easier Access to News Items
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- LECOM Open House
- LECOM 2012 Commencement Photos
- LECOM Announces Erie Bayfront Expansion Plans