Physicians and administrators from 35 hospitals met with students from the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine during Hospital Day at the Hyatt Regency in Sarasota, Fla.
The event, held in conjunction with the Lake Erie Consortium for Osteopathic Medical Training (LECOMT) board meeting, gives students at LECOM’s Bradenton campus an opportunity to meet with hospital representatives, ask questions and obtain information about clinical rotation, residency and fellowship opportunities.
|Ann Threatte, D.O. ('13) chats with third-year medical student Brandi Manning.|
There were also plenty of LECOM alumni on hand to lend their expertise to current students. LECOM’s goal to keep graduating physicians in Florida is paying big dividends. A throng of students gathered at St. Petersburg (Fla.) General Hospital’s booth, where Jeremiah Libby, D.O. (’13), Laura McGill, D.O. (’11) and Mitchel Beasley, D.O. (’12) were available to talk about their own residency experiences. Representing Northside Hospital in Largo, Fla. were Ann Threatte, D.O. (’13) and Nicholas Kotch, D.O. (’11) and Richard Moore, D.O. (’12) represented St. Vincent’s Healthcare in Jacksonville, Fla.
“This event gives students excellent exposure to meeting hospital staff and hear first-hand from residents about the opportunities that are available pre- and post-graduation,” said LECOM Bradenton second-year medical student Matthew Anderson. “There are a lot of alumni here and listening to those who have been through the process is very beneficial.”
Hospitals from Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Georgia and Pennsylvania, including Millcreek Community Hospital in Erie, Pa. were also in attendance.
- LECOM Celebrates National Osteopathic Medicine Week 2014
- LECOM Announces Plans For Dental Group Practices at Erie Campus
- More than 500 student doctors attend Hospital Day
- LECOM Announces Opening of Dental Group Practices
- LECOM Open House for Prospective Students on June 20
- Noted Physician Discusses Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease
- LECOM School of Pharmacy to Offer Online Pharm.D. Degree
- Doctor of Pharmacy Students Participate in Advocacy Porgram
- LECOM Students Travel to Washington for DO Day on Capitol Hill
- LECOM, Wesbury Retirement Community Announce Partnership
- LECOM Using 'Revolutionary' Device in Patient Rehab
- Construction has begun for the new LECOM Senior Living Center
- Important LECOM Events for 2013-2014
- LECOM Commencement Dates 2014-2020
- LECOM Connection Available Online
- LECOM Provides Easier Access to News Items
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- LECOM 2013 Commencement Photos