The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine impacts Erie County and communities throughout northwestern Pennsylvania by educating health care professionals who serve in both urban and rural areas, where health care needs are often the greatest.
In addition to training the best and brightest physicians, pharmacists, and dentists, community service is at the heart of our mission. Our students annually devote more than 30,000 hours to serving others, helping LECOM earn the distinction of being named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
The Erie Community Foundation created Erie Gives as a means of helping raise money for local nonprofits. A gift to the LECOM Student Scholarship Fund during Erie Gives will help us continue to offer programs of excellence in education, research, clinical care, and community service.
Every dollar contributed to LECOM as part of the event will go directly to student scholarships.
Erie Gives will be held from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13. You can make a gift in support of LECOM and our Student Scholarship Fund for as little as $25: simply log onto http://eriegives.org/and click on the nonprofit search tab to find LECOM.
The exciting part of Erie Gives is that the Erie Community Foundation and GE Transportation will add to each gift through a prorated match. To qualify for the match, your gift must be made during the 12 hours of Erie Gives on Aug. 13. If you would prefer to donate over the phone, please contact the Erie Community Foundation at 814-454-0843.
- LECOM Medical Students Awarded $100,000 Scholarships
- LECOM Celebrates National Osteopathic Medicine Week 2014
- LECOM Announces Plans For Dental Group Practices at Erie Campus
- More than 500 student doctors attend Hospital Day
- LECOM Announces Opening of Dental Group Practices
- LECOM Open House for Prospective Students on June 20
- Noted Physician Discusses Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease
- LECOM School of Pharmacy to Offer Online Pharm.D. Degree
- Doctor of Pharmacy Students Participate in Advocacy Porgram
- LECOM Students Travel to Washington for DO Day on Capitol Hill
- LECOM, Wesbury Retirement Community Announce Partnership
- LECOM Using 'Revolutionary' Device in Patient Rehab
- Construction has begun for the new LECOM Senior Living Center
- Important LECOM Events for 2013-2014
- LECOM Commencement Dates 2014-2020
- LECOM Connection Available Online
- LECOM Provides Easier Access to News Items
- Sign Up Now for LECOM Campus Security Alerts
- LECOM 2013 Commencement Photos