LECOM Bradenton Non-instructional Career Opportunities
Information Technology Technician
The Information Technology Technician Supervisor reports to the Director of Network Operations and is responsible for providing excellent customer service and technical support to faculty, facilitators and other users of the School. This person is responsible for daily operations of the IT Help Desk, including the supervision of staff, procurement and deployment of equipment, assisting in problem solving, infrastructure support, and vendor management. This is a collaborative position responsible for partnering with IT functional areas on a variety projects, and involves a combination of technical expertise and customer service. This position is also responsible for the technical administration, maintenance, programming and repair of the PC, network, and AV equipment in the classrooms and IT equipment in the faculty and staff offices. The person will also take the lead on new instructional technology projects, be responsible for hardware and software installation, problem diagnosis, and troubleshooting in the classrooms and offices.
· Tracks and reports to supervisor about team hours and expenses
· In accordance with the meeting and class schedule, checks all classrooms before the scheduled start time to ensure the rooms are set up to the faculty/facilitator’s satisfaction and that all audio/visual equipment is present. This includes, but is not limited to: setting up and/or moving tables, chairs, carts and equipment; locating and obtaining equipment needed; Make face to face contact with faculty/facilitator before the start of the meeting or class to ensure room meets their needs.
· Provides training and technical assistance for users on A/V equipment, PC equipment, computer labs, and web-based applications. This training can be arranged before the meeting or class or can take place the day of the meeting or class.
· Packs up and secures IT equipment after class or event has ended.
· Testing and general maintenance of all A/V equipment.
· Troubleshoots IT and A/V equipment problem in standard meeting rooms, IT rooms, and computer labs, faculty and staff offices.
· Arranges for repair or disposal of broken equipment and interfaces with IT vendors for repairs and new projects that cannot be handled within the School.
· Performs inventory of IT and A/V equipment and conducts quarterly preventative maintenance in all classrooms (standard, IT, and computer lab).
· Installs and configures standard hardware and software upgrades on faculty and staff PC’s, computer lab PC’s, meeting room PC’s, and laptops.
· Creates active directory accounts for staff, faculty and guests.
· Answers Help Desk calls
· Receives requests for software installation, assistance and support from end users, performs hardware and software installations and diagnostic procedures including the use of software utility programs to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
· Ensures that conference rooms, classrooms and labs are clean and orderly.
· Clearly and consistently communicates with co-workers, staff and tenants as required to carry out position responsibilities.
· Sets up meeting/classrooms (equipment, tables, and chairs).
· Communicates with the Network Operations Director and the IT Network Team as required to carry out position responsibilities.
· Audio/Visual (A/V) refers to LCD projectors, desktop and laptop computers, overhead projectors, TV/VCR units, microphones, video conference equipment and any other media-related equipment used by faculty, students, or facilitators.
· Network and Information Technology Support
· Perform basic network troubleshooting
· Assist with the support of the telephony system including on site telephony servers, cabling patches, end user devices and other telephony tasks as directed by the communications manager
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to the support services offered by the Help Desk
· Configure workstations for end users utilizing a standard desktop configuration.
· Provide end user support for on-site printing/copying/multifunction services.
· Provide end user support for mobile devices.
· Troubleshoot and resolve access and connectivity issues.
· Act as primary PC Support at the LECOM school of Pharmacy and Medicine
· Maintain a high level of knowledge and proficiency related to current as well as emerging information technology equipment and software.
· Maintain the asset inventory database to include all equipment at LECOM
· LECOM in an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Send information to:
4800 Lakewood Ranch Blvd.
Bradenton, FL 34211
Fax: (941) 405-1684
- Erie, Pennsylvania
- Bradenton, Florida