Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP)
The Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship Program (AFHPSP) offers scholarships to medical students through the Army, Navy and Air Force. The scholarships provide for full tuition and fees, reimbursement for books and supplies, and a monthly living stipend. For more information, contact your local medical programs recruiter, call the numbers below or access the information online.
Phone numbers | Websites
(412) 434-8471 or (800) USA-ARMY
(412) 395-6392 or (800) 742-2972, ext. 5
U.S. Air Force
National Health Service Corps
The National Health Service Corp Scholarship (NHSC) is a competitive program that pays tuition, fees and provides a living stipend to students who are enrolled in accredited medical programs. Upon graduation, scholarship recipients serve as primary care providers between two and four years in a community-based site in a high-need Health Professional Shortage Area that has applied to and been approved by the NHSC as as service site.
Awards are made to applicants most committed to serving underserved people and who are most likely to build successful careers in shortage areas and meet future needs for care throughout the nation.
For more information about the NHSC scholarship and loan repayment programs visit http://nhsc.hrsa.gov. Application information is available at the website.
Many organizations offer scholarships, grants and/or forgivable loans to qualified medical students. A free scholarship search may be accessed at www.finaid.org. As scholarship, grant and/or loan information becomes available, LECOM students are notified by e-mail.
State and other loan repayment/forgiveness and scholarship program listings may be found at:
A reminder regarding financial aid overawards: According to Federal regulations, total loan amounts borrowed and scholarships received from all sources cannot exceed the cost of education at LECOM. If you receive an outside scholarship, your loan eligibility will be reduced by the amount of the scholarship. However, you are not receiving less financial aid, you are borrowing less money.
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- LECOM Provides the Highest Quality of Education in Health Professions at Affordable Tuition
- Code of Conduct
- Financial Aid - Application Process
- Financial Aid - Loan Programs
- Financial Aid - LECOM Scholarship Program
- Financial Aid - Billing and Refund Procedures
- Financial Aid - Forms
- Private Loan Information
- The Effects of Sequestration on your Financial Aid
- College of Medicine Tuition and Financial Aid
- School of Pharmacy Tuition and Financial Aid
- School of Dental Medicine Tuition and Financial Aid
- Post Baccalaureate Tuition & Fees
- Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences Tuition and Financial Aid
- Master of Science in Medical Education Tuition and Financial Aid