College of Osteopathic Medicine Entrance Requirements
LECOM seeks applicants who not only have shown success in their science courses, but also have proven themselves as well-rounded individuals who have done well overall in their academic careers.
Applicants must meet the following minimum admissions requirements:
Applicants must complete a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university by the time of enrollment. Applicants participating in special affiliated programs with LECOM and other exceptions to this policy will be considered on an individual basis.
Applicants must have a minimum 2.7 science grade point average. Successful candidates typically have both science and overall grade point averages of 3.2 or above.
Applicants must meet the following specific course requirements*:
- Biology: A minimum of eight semester hours, including two semester hours of laboratory work. These eight hours may consist of general biology or zoology, or a combination of biology, zoology and botany.
- Inorganic Chemistry: A minimum of eight semester hours, including two semester hours of laboratory work.
- Organic Chemistry: A minimum of eight semester hours, including two semester hours of laboratory work.
- Physics: A minimum of eight semester hours, including two hours of laboratory work.
- English: A minimum of six semester hours of composition and literature.
- Behavioral Sciences: A minimum of six semester hours of courses in the behavioral sciences; i.e., psychology, sociology, anthropology, medical ethics, or philosophy.
LECOM recommends that prospective students consider taking advanced coursework, such as biochemistry, physiology, microbiology and/or anatomy, if at all possible.
Candidates must submit their most recent Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores. MCAT scores taken within the past three years are acceptable. Competitive candidates typically have a minimum MCAT score of 24.
*Applicants need to earn a “C” or better in all pre-requisite courses. Applicants must repeat pre-requisite courses in which the grade earned is a C- or lower.
- Degree Entrance Requirements
- College of Osteopathic Medicine Entrance Requirements
- School of Pharmacy Entrance Requirements
- School of Dental Medicine Entrance Requirements
- Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences Entrance Requirements
- Health Sciences Post Baccalaureate Entrance Requirements
- LECOM Undergraduate Affiliated Colleges - Special Programs Where You Can Meet Our Entrance Requirements