LECOM medical students have a new clinic where they can concentrate on osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) training and at the same time provide health care services for fellow students and LECOM employees.
The Undergraduate American Academy of Osteopathy (UAAO), under the leadership of student John Leuenberger, brought the idea forward for an OMT Clinic available to faculty/staff/students where students can increase their manipulative skills and knowledge and our LECOM community can receive convenient osteopathic
Donald Hampton, DO will oversee the LECOM UAAO OMT Clinic with assistance by LECOM affiliated physicians. The LECOM UAAO will organize student volunteers to work at the clinic and students will participate in the care of the patient under supervision of the physicians.
The LECOM OMT Clinic opens Thursday, May 14, 2009 and will operate every other Thursday between 4pm and 7pm. The clinic is located at Plaza 38 Medical Center, 2010 West 38th Street, Erie, Pa (<1 mile from LECOM)
Patients are seen by appointment only. Please call (814) 866-3986, ask for Karen or the OMT clinic.
- The clinic is available only to LECOM faculty, staff and students.
- All insurances will be accepted.
- The LECOM staff/faculty/students will not have any co-pay
- The physician in charge is Dr. Hampton.
- Patients will be seen by Dr. Hampton or another LECOM physician.
- The students participating in the clinic will be members of the UAAO.
- This is a learning opportunity for patients and students.
Please contact John Leuenberger, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.