The American Osteopathic Association recently announced the appointment of several Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine administrators and faculty members to participate in national committees and bureaus. AOA President Carlo DiMarco, D.O., professor and regional dean of clinical medicine at LECOM, appoints individuals to serve on these committees and bureaus, usually between one and three years.
LECOM President and CEO John M. Ferretti, D.O., was appointed to a three-year term with the AOA’s Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation. He will serve two years as chairman of the commission. Robert George, D.O., Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at LECOM’s Bradenton campus, was named chairman of the Bureau of Conventions, a one-year placement. He also serves on the Council on Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training Institutions.
LECOM Board of Trustees member Michael Feinstein, D.O., will serve a two-year term as chairman of the Council on Continuing Medical Education. Dr. Feinstein also serves on the Bureau of Osteopathic Education and the Market Share Policy Task Force.
Other LECOM appointees are:
- Dennis Agostini, D.O., Ph.D., Associate Dean of Clinical Education – Bureau of Osteopathic Education, Council on Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training Institutions, Osteopathic Graduate Medical Education Development Initiative Advisory Committee
- Pierre Bellicini, Director of Communications and Marketing – Bureau of Communications
- Silvia M. Ferretti, D.O., Provost, Senior Vice President and Dean of Academic Affairs – Bureau of Osteopathic Education, Bureau of Osteopathic History and Identity
- Vincent S. Fierro, D.O., Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine/Gastroenterology – Bureau of Osteopathic Clinical Education and Research.
- Deborah Lee-Sanko, Executive Director of Lake Erie Consortium for Osteopathic Medical Training – Bureau of Osteopathic Medical Educators, Council on Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training
- Reza Nassiri, D.Sc., Assistant Dean of Health Sciences – Bureau on International Osteopathic Medical Education and Affairs
- Frank Tursi, D.O., Medical Associates of Erie – Council on Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training Institutions